Friday, June 03, 2005

Too Dang Fat!

I'm in Coconut Grove, Florida (Miami) for a couple of days, and in the hotel room is a copy of the Verizon Miami Metro Yellow Pages.

Look at the size of this beast!

Verizon's Miami Yellow Pages

Here's the side view . . .

Verizon's Miami Yellow Pages

Just handling this monster is a project in itself. Having a comprehensive directory is one thing, but this is ridiculous.

I'm working on my report for plumbing contractors, so I checked out the Plumbers section in this directory. There are only 2 (yes, 2 !!!) full page ads for plumbers. Heck, the West Los Angeles directory has 23 full page plumber ads.

What gives? Doesn't Miami have a need for plumbing contractors?

Either the distribution area of the directory is too wide for a plumber to service (I doubt it), or the advertising rates are so far out of whack that the plumbers can't make a go of it.

Maybe the plumbers in Miami don't need to advertise. I'm stumped.

What do YOU think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some idiot thinks size really does matter...must be compensating for something lacking.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another anti-verizon pitch! It is called "a complete book" I am sure if you take a further look it has both english and spanish and white pages... I applaud Verizon for going into new territories and offering a competitive/complete product... maybe Miami needs a smaller population for a smaller book!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home