Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Yahoo! Local Sends YP Info to Mobile Phones

I honestly thought that this was simply a gimmick when I first read about it, but I just tried it, and it's really cool.

When you do an Internet Yellow Pages search on Yahoo! YP, every listing has a link allowing you to "Send to Phone"

When you click the link, a little dialog box pops up asking for your cell phone number and your return email address. My email and cell phone were already populated, but I'm not sure what triggered that.

You press "send", and the business name, address, and phone number are sent via SMS to your cell phone.

This is handy so that you have the details if you're driving to a place and want to make sure you have the address and phone with you.

It's simple, free from Yahoo! (you might have to pay for receiving the SMS depending on your wireless plan) and it works.

Good innovation, Yahoo!

Here's a link http://tinyurl.com/5nxhx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. It sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, none of my Yahoo! YP searches yielded a "Send to Phone" link. I even tried changing locations, but no luck. Are they just trying this in certain areas?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Dick Larkin said...

Here's a link to it.
http://tinyurl.com/5nxhx

They seem to have it on the "Local" site, and not the "YP" site.

I'm not sure what's up with that.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home