Wednesday, December 29, 2004

YELLOW PAGES SCAM ALERT! - Telcomdirectories.com - Business Yellow Pages

Telcomdirectories.com - Business Yellow Pages

My wife's business received a letter from Telcom Directories indicating "Final Notice". It contained an advertising order for us to confirm our listing information for the low, low annual rate of $187.00.

I did a little checking and they claim to distribute 300,000 copies of their directories (3 titles). They have a west, midwest and southeast publication. 300,000 copies might sound like a lot, but to put it in perspective, TransWestern Publishing, my employer, covers only about 8% of the US with its 345 directories. We print and distribute over 25 million copies.

300,000 (if true) is totally insignificant.




I called their toll free number and requested copies of their directories. I'll let you know when they arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home