Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A TRILLION Pages!

Quebecor World, a leading printer of Yellow Pages directories and Yellow Book announced a long term agreement that effectively encompasses over a TRILLION pages of telephone directories to be printed. It's a $900 million deal.

There is no one on earth who is a bigger supporter of Internet Yellow pages and local search than I am, but this type of deal from two of the most progressive companies in the space sends a very clear signal that printed Yellow Pages directories have many fine years ahead of them. Let me couch that statement. Yellow Book directories have many more years ahead.

I should point out that Yellow Book is my employer, having acquired TransWestern Publishing. I learned of this deal shortly before it hit the wires.

I recall conversations of old time TransWestern employees talking about the days when printers would not return their calls, and shunned their business. Quebecor was one of the rare companies who actively worked with TWP. It's good to see them also succeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home